Calling all budding authors!
If you are between the ages of 5 and 16, enter our story writing competition and you could win a book token! Submissions must be an original composition on the theme of 'space' and must be less than 500 words. You can email your story to firstname.lastname@example.org or bring a hand written version in to the library. All entries must be received by the closing date, April 6th 2023.
There are two age categories, Primary age (Years 1 to 6) and Secondary age (Years 7 - 11)
Rules / Terms and conditions
- All entries must be original and written solely by the entrant themselves
- Entries must have less than 500 words
- Entries must be representative of the theme of 'space'
- Entrants must be between the ages of 5 and 16
- All entries must state the name, age and school year of the writer
- The judging categories are Years 1 - 6 (Primary) and Years 7 - 11 (Secondary)
- Prizes of National Book tokens will be awarded to one winner and one runner up in each category
- Only one entry per person will be accepted
- Any entry received after the closing date of April 6th 2023 will not be accepted
- By entering this competition you grant us permission to publish the winning stories on our website and social media platforms
- Judges - The judging panel will be made up of three qualified individuals (Literary editor, English teacher, Creative writing student) and the judges decision will be final.
- No one related to the judges or connected to the competition may enter
Join us for our Easter Fun Day! There will be craft activities, a treasure hunt and even a real live Easter bunny to meet!
Thursday April 6th 11am - 3 pm
No charge and no ticket required. Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Click on the image to go to the facebook event